What is the Coach Bursary Scheme?
Our Coach Bursary Scheme supports deaf young people gain sports coaching qualifications and encourages them to lead sports activities for other deaf children and young people.
If there are more deaf coaches, we believe more deaf children and young people will be inspired to take up sport and physical activity. We want to support deaf young people to get involved in volunteering, coaching and sports leadership and show that sports coaching is a real career option.
Who can apply?
Our sports bursaries are for young people from across the UK.
We give priority to young people who:
- are aged 16 to 25
- are deaf
Or have British Sign Language skills (level 2 or above)
- have experience working with deaf young people
- can tell us how gaining the qualification supports more deaf young people to participate in sport
How does it work?
The bursary supports Level 1 or 2 sports coaching qualifications from recognised National Governing Body’s (NGB’s).
NDCS pay up to 90% of the cost, the rest is funded by the applicant
Successful applicants will be asked to agree to:
- Complete the full qualification
- Tell us about their experience on the course
- Tell us how they have used their new skills to support deaf children and young people
The closing date is Wednesday 2 December 2015
How do I apply?
Complete the application form
and email to Me2@ndcs.org.uk
or post to the Inclusive Activities Team, NDCS, Vincent House, 92-93 Edward Street, Birmingham, B1 2RA
If you have any questions contact Me2@ndcs.org.uk