For the last 20 years Within Reach has built up a fine reputation in the public and voluntary sectors for the provision of opportunities for volunteers to help local clubs and groups, and to assist with a calendar of sports events.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunities we offer can help you develop new skills and meet new people, with the support of staff and volunteers committed to ensuring a positive experience for those involved.
At the same time you will get hands-on experience of working with disabled people – a lesson for life, something close to hearts of members of the Within Reach board, all volunteers themselves.
- are committed and caring people who offer their time freely
- often (though not always) have some prior knowledge and experience of disadvantage
- are friendly and approachable and respectful of individual needs
Within Reach volunteers are given…
- help and guidance in undertaking the tasks they are given
- opportunities to organise and participate in the running of local, regional, and national sports events
- the opportunity to meet individuals who have a disability to help them access sport
- the opportunity to get additional training led by the Charity or other local sporting providers which could lead to coaching qualifications
- subsidised prices to access local sports training courses
- out of pocket expenses
- lots of support on how to get into sport and become active
Join us, have fun and feel valued as part of the team!
Your name will be kept on the Within Reach database. Our officers will link you with local events, courses and activities and let you know about new volunteering opportunities.
Interested? Contact us for more information.